Aesthetic Laser Treatment For The Face & Body, Niles, IL
Be Beautiful. Be You!
What are the anticipated results with Laser Genesis?
Laser Genesis can be used to treat many different issues and is the perfect “lunch-time” procedure to improve. It is also known as the “red carpet facial” amongst Hollywood celebs that do this treatment as part of their regular skin care routine.
- Facial Redness
- Fine Lines & Wrinkles
- Enlarged Pores
- Rough Skin Texture
- Excess Brown Pigment (hyperpigmentation)
- Acne scarring
- Scars from trauma, surgery or burns
What are the common side effects of Laser Genesis?
- The most common side effect of Laser genesis is beautiful skin! There are few if any common side effects of Laser Genesis other than pinkness of the skin (resembling a healthy glow), which typically resolves immediately but can last up to 2 hours.
What is the cost of Laser Genesis?
- The cost is based on the size of the area to be treated, the severity of the issue of concern and the number of treatments needed to address your specific issue. Most people need a series of at least 6 treatments to obtain optimal results. Treatments are done every 2-4 weeks. An exact quote of cost and number of treatments needed to treat your specific issue will be provided at your consultation, after we have had an opportunity to do a complete assessment of your skin.
What is the downtime associated with Laser Genesis?
- Laser Genesis a gentle, relaxing and virtually painless procedure with zero downtime.
How long do the results of Laser Genesis last?
Longevity of results are varied from person to person with most people having sustained results for at least 6 to 12 months. At the end of your series of Laser Genesis treatments you will be prescribed a personalized skin care regimen and maintenance program, so that you will enjoy your results for as long as possible. The duration of results is greatly influenced by your lifestyle, sun exposure, diet, and the use of proper skin care products. You can greatly extend the results by observing the following:
- Always protect your skin with an SPF 50 broad spectrum sunblock (year around)
- Daily and year around use of the skin care regimen we recommend for you
- Not smoking or drinking excessive alcohol
- Doing a single booster or maintenance treatment every 3-6 months
How does Laser Genesis Work?
- Laser Genesis stimulates new skin cell growth and collagen production which smoothes fine lines; shrinks pore size; evens out rough skin texture; and fades scarring. This amazing laser procedure also closes down the tiny veins and capillaries that cause persistent redness of the skin. The effect that Laser Genesis has on your skin is a gradual one. Most of our clients begin to see an improvement in their skin after halfway through their treatment series (after about 3 or 4 treatments). For optimal results most people need 6-10 treatments.
When are results expected?
Often times the veins will appear fainter immediately after the laser treatment. However, the time it takes your body to reabsorb (breakdown) the vein after treatment depends upon the size of the vein. Smaller veins can take up to 12 weeks to completely resolve. Whereas larger veins may take 6-9 months to completely resolve.
What does it feel like?
For maximum comfort we use ice packs, chilled gel, and our laser is equipped with a gold-plated sapphire cooling tip to help cool your skin during the laser treatment. With these measures the laser treatment for many people is very comfortable. Without any comfort measures it feels very similar to a small snapping rubber-band.
What are the typical side effects?
The typical side effects of laser vein treatment are redness and slight swelling. These side effects are very similar in appearance to small bug bites and can last up to 2 days, but usually resolve sooner. Bruising is a rare side effect, but may occur and typically resolves in 7-10 days.
What is the down time?
There is no down time with laser vein treatment. However, we do advise that you avoid hot environments (hot tubs, saunas and soaking in hot baths) and high impact exercise for the 48 hours after your laser vein treatment. This is to allow the veins to remain closed for good results from your laser treatment.
What is the cost?
The cost of laser vein treatment is based on the time spent performing the laser procedure. The amount of time it takes for an optimal result is very individual and depends on the amount of veins present in need of treatment. It typically takes 3-4 treatments on average for optimal results. Again, the number of treatments needed is based on the amount of veins and size of veins needing treatment.
How long does the treatment last?
Once the veins have been successfully treated and your body has reabsorbed them they will not return. However, because of genetics and other factors you will likely form new veins in different areas over the coming years that will need laser treatment. These are new veins that were not previously there during your initial laser treatment.
What results are anticipated with IPL?
- When treating brown spots (hyperpigmentation) or melasma (larger areas of brown discoloration) there can be an immediate darkening of some of the area treated. This occurs if there is brown pigment that is superficially located in the layers of your skin. This is a sign of good things to come! This response typically resolves in 7-14 days, at which time most people will notice a slight lightening of many superficial brown spots. If the pigment is located in the deeper layers of skin, as is often the case in melasma, there may be no initial darkening of the excess pigment. To improve deeper pigment issues and brown spots, a series of treatments will be needed before you will notice normal healthy skin emerge with significantly fewer brown spots and general discoloration. It is not always possible to eliminate all spots and browness, however, dramatic lightening and improvement is common.
- The IPL (Limelight) can also be used to treat facial, neck and chest redness. Redness can look slightly more evident and patchy after treatment. A short series of treatments is typically needed to see significant results.
What does the IPL treatment feel like?
- The sensation of the IPL is a mild stinging sensation. A bright light will be evident even thought your eyes are completely protected with IPL eye shields. Anesthetics are typically not required. Afterwards, there can be a mild “sunburn” sensation that usually goes away after 1-2 days.
What are the common side effects of IPL?
- The most common (and expected) side effect is a darkening of the more superficial brown spots of the areas being treating. This darkening of superficial brown spots will flake off after about 7-14 days. There can also be generalized redness of the sin and redness around the brown spots (like a halo). This can last for 48-72 hours. To avoid complications, IPL should not be done during the sunniest months of the year, or prior to or after sun exposure. We typically schedule treatments during the fall, winter and spring, avoiding summer’s sunnier months.
What is the cost and how many treatments will I need?
- The cost is based on the size of the area being treated and the number of treatments needed to address the specific problem. If treating brown spots, most people will need up to 6 treatments for ideal results. If treating redness, most people will require approximately 3 treatments. Treatments are done every 3 – 4 weeks. Individual quotes for cost and number of treatments needed to treat your unique situation will be provided at the time of your consultation, after we have had an oppportunity to do a complete assessment of your skin.
Is there any downtime with IPL?
- There is minimal downtime with IPL treatments. Darkened brown spots or discoloration can be covered with make-up if desired. Typically, darkening and discoloration is most evident after the first treatment and is less obvious with subsequent treatments. To avoid complications and obtain the best possible outcome, we require that you do not tan or use spray tan/self tanner 2 weeks before your treatment. Also, it is recommended that you avoid direct sun exposure for 48 hours before or after your treatment. Treatments should never be done over recently tanned skin.
How long do the results of the IPL treatments last?
- With proper skin care and sun protection following IPL treatments, results can last for years. Remember that skin is genetically programmed to create brown spots in response to UV radiation exposure. It is impossible to avoid all sun exposure and so even with the best of skin care and protection, new brown spots may emerge gradually over time. Proper skin care and protection is the only thing standing between you and appearance of future brown spots.
- It is critical that the recommended skin care regimen be followed regularly and year around. Discoloration and skin damage does not only occur during the sunny months. Significant discoloration can be initiated in the dreary dark winter months when there is much less sunshine. The damage often does not become apparent until the sunnier summer months. To protect your results and financial investment, you must protect your skin year around with skin care products designed to suppress the development of brown and red discoloration. Typically, most people find that they may need a single maintenance IPL treatment once a year.
How does the IPL work?
- The IPL is the best treatment for fading away excess brown pigment (freckles, sun/age spots, melasma) as well as clearing facial redness associated with Rosacea and sun damage. The IPL targets the cells that contain the excess pigment and then causes the pigment to rise to the surface of the skin where it sloughs off. Because excess pigment is deposited at various levels/layers of the skin it takes up to 6 treatments to reach the deeper layers of pigment and to obtain optimal results. For facial redness the IPL closes down the tiny blood vessels that cause the redness. The IPL can be used to treat all areas of the body
HAIR REMOVAL (PROWAVE OR 1064)
When are results expected?
- Optimal results are seen after a series of treatments. Typically, a series of 8 treatments is done to begin with. After the 8th treatment an evaluation is done to determine if more treatments will be required to achieve your desired results. Some clients will have desired results by then while others will require additional treatments. However, during the treatment series you will notice a gradual reduction of hair after each treatment. Laser hair removal does not work on blond, white, gray or red hair types.
What are the typical side effects?
- Redness is the most common side effect, which typically lasts only a few minutes for most people. Occasionally, redness may last until the end of the day.
What are the costs?
- The cost of laser hair removal is based on the size of the area treated and the number of treatments needed for optimal results. You will need a minimum of 5-6 treatments and will have a treatment every 4-8 weeks (depending upon the area of the body being treated) throughout the series. There are some clients that may require more than 6 treatments for optimal results, because of hormonal status; the area of the body being treated; the color or texture of hair; or medical conditions. At your consultation we can give you quote on price and number of treatments that we expect you will need.
Is there any downtime?
- There is no downtime associated with laser hair removal. However, we do have some specific pre- and post- treatment instructions that we like for everyone to follow for maximum efficacy and safety of your treatment. It is important not to expose yourself to direct sunlight or tan for at least 48 hours after your treatment. Ask for a copy of our pre- and post-treatment instructions for more information.
How long do the results of laser hair removal last?
- Laser hair reduction will permanently remove approximately 75-85% of your hair after 8 or more treatments. The remaining hair after your series is often very light and fine compared to the dark, coarse hair that you may have started with. Because our bodies are covered with millions of dormant hair follicles, over time some of those hair follicles can emerge out of dormancy and begin growing new hair that wasn’t present during your laser treatments. So, you may need to periodically come in for “touch-up” treatments over time.
What does it feel like?
- For maximum comfort we use ice packs, chilled gel, and our laser is equipped with a gold-plated sapphire cooling tip to help cool your skin during the laser treatment. With these measures the laser treatment for many people is very comfortable. Without any comfort measures it feels very similar to a small snapping rubberband.